Tuesday, April 9, 2013

How Many of Me

Here's a neat little site I discovered years ago, which can tell you how many people in the United States have any particular name.  Put in your name(s) and see what happens:


It turns out there are 4 people in the USA with the name "Martin Ingham," so that leaves 3 others out there with my name.  That's one reason I use the middle initial "T" so I'm not mistaken for one of those other guys.  That, and there is a pretty popular car dealer in the UK called Martin Ingham, as well.  Research has shown that there are a lot more people with my name outside the USA (particularly in the UK).

6 comments:

  1. What a neat website! There are 18 of me out there. Poor saps. Bet they had tough times in elementary school, too.

    from John at The Bathroom Monologues

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool link. And I think the Harvard Hamsters should be your mascot for today :-)

    Have fun with A to Z!

    Jenny at Choice City Native

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot! There's only 3 Jenelle Schmidts in the US (and I'm one of them)

    Fun post!

    Happy A-Zing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know there's at least one other that shares my name. He writes songs and is a retired school teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two people are listed with "Anthony Laplume." One is listed for "Tony Laplume." So apparently one way or another I'm pretty unique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't live in America, but this is certainly interesting. Especially as I have an unusual surname in England, and it seems that it's also an unusual surname in America. And I now have a new internet toy to play with, to increase my procrastination!

    ReplyDelete