Thursday, January 24, 2013

National Chevy Association

I'd like to take a minute to mention a company that I've done a lot of business with lately.  National Chevy Association specializes in 1949-1954 Chevrolet car parts, and they do a fantastic job.  They are an invaluable resource for anyone who owns (or is thinking of getting) a 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, or 1954 Chevy.

Other than having the largest selection of replacement parts for the aforementioned vehicles, they also send out a monthly newsletter for members.  Anyone who places an order of $85 or more receives annual membership, though you can also buy a membership separately.  The newsletter has special offers, and interesting articles, including many from fellow NCA members discussing their cars.  I plan to send them an article about my 1954 Bel-Air when I have it finished.

Getting back to the parts, National Chevy has almost every part you could ask for; anything that is available, they've got it.  They also have the cheapest prices in most cases.  Their service is excellent, and they ship things quickly.  Having purchased a lot of things from them, I can attest to the quality of the goods and the efficiency of the staff.

There are, of course, a few things that are not quite perfect, though that is the nature of buying parts for old cars. You run into a few aftermarket items that aren't quite right, such as the trunk carpet I had to trim (see article), but it's nothing I would complain about too much.  These old cars weren't made exactly alike, and some models have slight variations.  If you want everything perfect, with no adjustment required, you probably shouldn't attempt to restore old cars.

National Chevy has made my restoration project much easier than I first thought it would be.  It's very nice to have a company that specializes in the parts I need, and it gives me comfort to know that I'll be able to get whatever I need.  It gets me thinking about restoring another Chevy from this period.  Perhaps someday, after I'm done with the '54.

No comments:

Post a Comment