Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Tuesday Triple (5)

I didn't sleep well last night.  The heat of summer months tends to disrupt my rest, and my back has been bothering me as well lately.  I'm sure I'll be fine, but in the meantime I'll have to muddle through everything feeling a bit tired.

So, on to this week's three random songs...

My Generation –The Who.  A true classic!  It's the song that really kicked off their career.  Before this song, they were relatively unknown.  It's a bit dated now, but isn't a bad song.

Holy Cow –Lee Dorsey.  Here's another one out of that 1965 hits collection.  Nothing really exciting here, though it isn't offensive or annoying.  It's okay for background ambience, but not anything that would cause me to stop and really listen.

Thing –Matthew Sweet.  A rarity in his repertoire, this was one of his B-sides.  It appeared on the CD single of Time Capsule, and it really is a great little song, far underrated.  Personally I feel this one had real potential, but it was never utilized.  It could have even been a single, itself.   This catchy tune about dysfunctional romance really deserves to be played more.

Three more brief commentaries, quick and easy.  I wish every American a happy Independence Day tomorrow, and encourage everyone to read a copy of the Declaration of Independence.  How can you celebrate something you don't know?  Read the document that started it all, and enjoy the festivities with clarity of sight.  In fact, here's a copy, so you don't have to waste time hunting for it.  God Bless America!

No comments:

Post a Comment