Monday, November 1, 2010

The Novel in One Month

Today was the first day of National Novel Writing Month, and things are coming together nicely for me.  I sat down for about an hour this morning and threw together the first page of my novel, "The Time Traveler's Illegal Harem," and I spent another hour this evening, ending up with 1,920 words in total.  It's not the biggest showing (in fact, it's downright weak compared to the last book I wrote, when 3,000 was a slow day).  Still, If I can keep this pace, I'll win handily.

As the title implies, this is a time travel novel.  It tells the tale of a rogue time agent who has the habit of kidnapping women from different time periods, and the Time Agency which is determined to stop him.  There'll be a lot more to it than that, and I can't say too much right now, because I'm still working to weave the complex threads into a coherent storyline.

I have a pretty busy work day tomorrow, so I don't know how far I'll get, but I will let you know!

Keep track of my progress here!

No comments:

Post a Comment