Sunday, October 31, 2010

NaNoWriMo 2010

For those in the know, each November is "National Novel Writing Month."  Writers spend the month throwing together a book of 50,000 or more words.  This is a contest I have never officially entered, but this year I have decided to bite the bullet and actually try it.

I am no stranger to self-imposed deadlines.  Last December, I produced an 80,000 word novel in approximately 3 weeks, but that was when I had nothing else to do.  I was able to sit down and do nothing but write for that time.  At present, I am still working some physically draining and time consuming jobs, which will hamper my writing.  I do not know if I'll be able to pull off an entire novel this November, but I will do my best.

If I should fail to achieve this laudable goal, I will still be a step ahead, with a good hunk of another novel ready to be finished, and it'll all be good fun.

Enough with this pesky blog post.  I have to prepare for the big event!

No comments:

Post a Comment