Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Random Update

It's been a week since I posted on the blog, so I'd better throw something on here.

I've been pretty busy since last we spoke.  I spent the weekend going over "Virtual Domination," the sequel to "The Guns of Mars."  I wanted to give it a good proofing before sending it out to market.  It was written back in February-March 2009, therefore it has had time to season.  I hope to get it into print before too long, so keep your fingers crossed.

I'm a little pissed off right now.  I placed an order with MidwayUSA for some reloading supplies, and they haven't arrived.  I had them shipped via UPS, which is usually a very good service, but for some reason the morons dumped my package at the Baileyville post office on Tuesday, rather than bring it to my house like they've always done before.  According to their online tracking, the package was "delivered" on Tuesday morning, but it sure as hell didn't get to me.  I don't know if the USPS is going to forward it along to me eventually, or whether somebody stole the damn thing.  Either way, I am angry, and I will be until I have my valuable goods in hand.  Who do I have to call to get some satisfaction around here?

Kathryn is in great shape.  She's growing fast, and is perfectly healthy, so that is always a relief.  My wife and I are truly blessed with wonderful children.

Other than that, nothing much is going on at the moment.  Work is pretty steady, and I expect to stay fed this winter, so that's always a good thing.  It would be nice to see some more book sales, though.  People can blow $10 going to McDonalds, but they won't spend a few dollars on one of my books?  What is this world coming to?  But I digress...

Have a great week, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Martin, I was popping in just to say hi, but now I'm wondering what "reloading supplies" are? Clips and bullets for your guns of mars?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I should write a blog about my affinity for firearms now. That's the only way to explain it definitively.

    ReplyDelete