Saturday, June 11, 2011

Saturday Shenanigans: We Be Taggin'

Fellow Science Fiction writer Ellie Garratt was kind enough to tag me on Friday, so I now get to answer some frivolous questions and spread the wealth by tagging more bloggers who will no doubt thank me for the opportunity to do the same!

Okay, here we go:

1. Do you think you're hot?

My wife does, and that's all that really matters.

2. Upload a picture or wallpaper you're using at the moment.



This is the picture I'm currently using as my desktop wallpaper.  It's a shelf I stained & varnished last winter, and it sits at the bottom of a set of brick stairs in my home.

3. When was the last time you ate chicken meat?

Thursday.  I pan-fried some boneless breast fillets (lightly breaded) on Tuesday, and took pieces for lunch on-the-job.

4. The song you listened to recently.

Right now, as I'm writing this, my Windows Media Player is on random, and came up with "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For," by U2.  I have a bunch of different music in my system (all from genuinely licensed CDs, no illegal downloads for me!).

5. What were you thinking when you were doing this?

I was thinking "How am I going to finish the latest short story I started a few days ago,"  "What am I going to eat for breakfast?"  "Maybe I should brag about how I don't download illegal music,"  "My back hurts,"  "I wish Stargate Universe hadn't been cancelled," and "Perhaps I should clear the junk off my desk one of these days."  Phew!  That was just one particular moment.  My brain multitasks!

6. Do you have nicknames? What are they?

I really don't have any contemporary nicknames, though the nastier kids in grade school used to call me "groundhog" and various other insults (since my father built our house half-underground).  Sometimes I use "Martinus" as name on internet forums.

7. Tag eight bloggers.

A whole eight?  Nah, I think I'll knock the number down a little (I dare to rebel).  So, I'm going to do six, and see how that works.  If I happen to tag anyone who has already been tagged, oh well.  Also, if for whatever reason you six don't feel like playing along with this exercise, feel free to skip it (not all of us can be wild and wacky with these things).

Matt Nord
Gerald Costlow
Kenshin
Alva J. Roberts
Mike Wood
D. Nathan Hilliard

8. A few questions about your tagged friends... 

Who's listed as number one?

Matt Nord, horror writer extraordinaire.  We met over at the Pill Hill Press forum last year.

Say something about number five.

Mike Wood's another writer (notice a trend here) who I encountered during the ABNA contest.  He's quite a character when he wants to be.

How did you get to know number three?

"Sailor" Kenshin and I both moderated a discussion forum years ago, and we've been online friends ever since.  Besides being into pens and knitting, she's a talented writer, and also does some nice artwork.  One of her paintings serves as the cover for the Amazon.com edition of "The Rogue Investigations."

How about number four?

Alva's another fine writer I met through Pill Hill Press.  His wife Jessy runs the place, and did a great job editing The Guns of Mars.  Alva designed the cover for it.

Leave a message for number six.

Hey, Nathan, how's the sequel to The Ways of Khrem coming along (or is it)?

Leave a lovey-dovey message for number two.

Who am I, Anthony Weiner?  Forget it!

Do numbers seven and eight have any similarities?

Yeah, they don't exist (he he).


That's enough fun for one Saturday morning.  Have a great weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. You rebel, you! Loved reading your answers - I shall be looking out for guys called Martian on forums now. Hehehe.

    Stargate Universe cancelled???? Noooooooo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was especially disappointed to learn of the SGU cancellation. Even worse, MGM has shelved all other Stargate projects, so we're not going to get any more movies or tv episodes anytime soon.

    On Wednesday, I'll be posting my review of SGU's 2nd season DVD set. If you haven't seen them yet, the last 10 episodes of Universe are incredible.

    ReplyDelete