Thursday, April 18, 2013

Plebeians of Plebiscite

Here's a little poem I threw together many years ago.  This one just came to me in a flash one evening.  It has been lurking at AuthorsDen.com for quite a while, and it was viewed well at first.  The title is somewhat inspired, so that draws in the poetic types.  I don't write much in the way of poetry anymore, so enjoy it and share it.

Drinking muddy water from a mason jar,
letting it all soak in
This is my life,
the sunny side of this hard land.
I till the soil of the seeker's vision,
fertilize their imaginations to
unending possibilities.

A mosquito lands upon my arm,
I crush it with my hand
and somewhere a dragonfly dies
for the sustenance I have extinguished.

Ripples appear in the pond's surface
as a slumbering mystery decomposes
hidden among the muck,
unknown to the minds of modernity.

Slide sideways through the hallways
of possibilities.
Our world is always remarkable
through the unshaded eyes of innocence.
yet unremarkable to the rose-tinted vision
of the unperceptive plebeians of plebiscite.

You know this means something,
but don't ask me what,
for I'm just the poor farmer
laughing at the idiocy of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment