Sunday, August 21, 2011

Mary Alice Nelson

This week, I'm going to share a few photos of my great-grandmother, Mary Alice Nelson.  She was the daughter of Ira Rogers Nelson, Sr., and Ada Belle Urech.  She married Julius Kirton in 1917, and their son, John Julius Kirton, was my mother's father.  I'll be posting more about the Nelson line in later posts, but here's one just for my great-grandmother.

Here's the earliest picture I have of her, taken in July 1894.  She was eighteen months old!




Here we have a picture taken about 3 years later, with her older brother Edward Franklin "Ned" Nelson, Sr., and her younger brother Ira Rogers Nelson, Jr.:

For a picture of Mary Alice Nelson on her wedding day in 1917, check out my Kirtons of Kentucy blog post here.

Jump ahead to circa 1919, and a picture of her holding my grandfather, John Kirton:


And for a nice photo finish, here she is in 1948.  She's holding my Uncle Stephen.  Uncle Clifton is standing beside, and my mother is the grinning little girl in her own little chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment